How do I connect to Denison's network from off-campus on my Mac? (And why should I?)
Using a remote access client allows you to connect to Denison's Novell file servers and Library and other resources that are otherwise restricted to on-campus only when you are off-campus.
The instructions below outline how to install and use the Junos Pulse client for remote access. If you have a Denison Mac, Junos Pulse is already installed for you. Please skip to the "Using Junos Pulse" section.
Important: If you wish to access files on Denison's Novell servers,
please follow the steps outlined in the Accessing Novell Drives FAQ AFTER
you use these instructions to establish a remote access connection.
- Download the Junos Pulse installer for Mac OS X by clicking the link below:
- Locate the installer in your Downloads and click to open it.
- Double-click the JunosPulse.mkpg icon in the window that appears and follow the on-screen prompts to install. You may be prompted to enter a username and password with administrative privileges for your computer.
- When the installation completes, you will see a message that the installation was successful. Click "Close".
- The Junos Pulse icon (a gray cloud with an orange exclamation mark) will appear in the menu bar at the top of your screen. Click the icon and choose "Open Pulse".
A Connections window will appear.
- Click the plus sign in the bottom left of the Connections window to add a connection. Complete the fields as follows:
For Name use "Denison".
For Server URL use "remote.denison.edu".
- Click the word "Add".
At this point, the installation is complete and Junos Pulse is ready to use.
USING JUNOS PULSE
Reminder: If you wish to access files on Denison's Novell servers,
- Click the Junos Pulse icon in the menu bar at the top of your screen and select "Denison" and then "Connect".
- When prompted for your User Name and Password, enter your BigRedID and password (same as what you use for email or MyDenison).
- Click "Connect".
IMPORTANT: as a security precaution, do NOT check "Save settings".
now that you are connected to Denison's network please follow the steps outlined in the Accessing Novell Drives FAQ
- Click the Junos Pulse icon in the menu bar at the top of your screen and select "Denison" and then "Disconnect".
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 740-587-6395 or email@example.com
For hours and drop-in locations, please visit http://www.denison.edu/its/helpdesk