How do I connect to my Novell drives (Personal, Shared, Media) on a Mac computer?
In order to connect to your Novell drives, you must be connected to Denison's network. If you are off-campus, you will have to first use Remote Access (see FAQ 561
To connect to your Novell drives...
- Open Finder and select “Go”, “Connect to Server”.
- In the Server Address line, enter the server address for the desired drive from the list below and then click the “+” button to save it as a Favorite Server. Repeat for as many drives as you wish to access. This is a one-time only step. In the future, skip to step 3.
- Select the desired server from your Favorite Servers list and click “Connect”. A log-in screen will appear.
- Select “Registered User” and enter your Denison username and Novell password.
- Your volumes will appear on your desktop. The servers you've connected to will appear under "SHARED" in your Finder window.
- Student Personal (U:) drive: cifs://sapphire.cc.denison.edu/personal
- Faculty/Staff Personal (U:) drive: cifs://emerald.cc.denison.edu/personal
- Shared (S:) drive*: cifs://ruby.cc.denison.edu/shared
- Media (M:) drive: cifs://topaz.cc.denison.edu/media
- Scratch (W:) drive (for faculty/staff ONLY): cifs://quartz.cc.denison.edu/scratch
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 740-587-6395 or firstname.lastname@example.org