As a faculty/staff member, how can I send email from my "long form" Denison email address?
To send email from your "long form" Denison email address (email@example.com
), you must adjust your settings within Denison Apps Mail.
- Log in to Denison Apps Mail.
- Click on the Settings (gear) icon with the dropdown arrow in the top right under your email address.
- Choose "Settings" from the list that appears.
- Click on the "Accounts" tab.
- In the Send Mail As section, click "Add Another Email Account You Own".
- Enter your name and long form email address and leave "Treat as an alias" selected then click "Next Step".
- Click the "Send Verification" button. An email will be sent to your Denison email account.
- Go to your Inbox and look for a message with a subject that starts with "Denison University Confirmation". Click the link provided in the email to confirm your request.
- Return to the Settings -> Accounts area and adjust the "When replying to a message:" selection as desired.
NOTE: If you choose the "Always reply from the default address" option, you can adjust the default address by using the "Make Default" link next to the desired address.
When you compose an email message, you will now have a dropdown in the From email address area allowing you to select which email address you wish to send from. What is automatically selected will depend upon the setting you chose in the final step above.
Last updated/reviewed 07/25/16